Dr. Stiens is a licensed clinical psychologist with offices in Lafayette Square - St. Louis City. Dr. Stiens has 20+ years of experience working with clients from early childhood onward in individual psycho-therapy, family therapy and group therapy. Additional areas of clinical focus and expertise include formal psychological assessments, academic achievement evaluations and consultation/advocacy regarding school-based services - supporting students with unique needs.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Comprehensive Academic Assessment & Special Education Advocacy
- Asperger's Disorder
- Adjustment Issues
- Self-Esteem & Self-Image Issues
- Anger Management
- Social Skills Training
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Parenting Support & Child Behavior Management Strategies
- Conflict Resolution - Assertiveness Training
Dr. Stiens has afternoon and early evening hours Monday - Friday. There are also appointments on most Saturdays. The offices maintain a confidential, comfortable and supportive atmosphere. The practice participates in many of St. Louis area managed care and preferred provider health plans.